RemixDeck Mapper – “Control Traktor RemixDecks with any MIDI controller!”
Recently announced Traktor version 2.6.2 unlocks remix decks mapping for all MIDI controllers! Therefore we will discontinue working upon this version! You can still go ahead and download this version if you do not want to get into traktor MIDI customization!
- Control Traktor Remix decks using any MIDI contoller
- Enable control of all 64 sampless in a deck
- Launch multiple clips at once
- Change Loop/One shot mode for loaded music in Remix Deck
Download RemixDecks Mapper
Instructions for One time setup
First time launch requires you to go through following steps, once the configuration is done simply launch the program and use preconfigured MIDI controller to control Traktor Remix Decks.
Before you begin
- Please note that this version is a beta release and there may be bugs.
- One time configuration is required in order to make it work.
- It requires .NET framework 4.0 installed on your machine. But .Net framework v4.5 (available free from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653) is recommended.
- Extract the zip files.
- Connect you MIDI controller (Or the program will not start)
- Open Traktor and maximize it.
Double click on the file ‘RemixDeckMapper_Beta.exe’ to launch the program. Following window will open.
This means that program started correctly. Don’t worry the program is meant to be transparent for configuration. Now proceed to step 2. If you do not get this window follow the steps below.
STEP 1A: If you did not get above window than the program launched with pre-configured settings. Click on the taskbar icon to open the program window.
STEP 1B: Following window will open up. Simply click on RECONFIGURE button to open the main program window as described in STEP 1.
Open Traktor and then click on the RDMapper taskbar icon. This will open RDMapper over Traktor as shown below.
Follow instructions that are given on top of the screen of RDMapper. Instructions will change as soon as you click. If instructions do not change or anything goes wrong you can click on the RESET button and start over.
Buttons should be clicked in following sequence:
- Click on the first remix deck button, which is in first row, first column
- Click on the second remix deck buton, which is in first row second column
- click on the 5th remix deck button , which is in second row, first column
- Click on the first remix deck page button, which is a white rectangulr shape
- Click on the second remix deck page button just below the above one.
- Click on the loop/one shot button.
Then click on the NEXT button to Proceed.
Select your MIDI device from the list and click the NEXT button.
Configuration buttons will open up on the same window.
STEP 5A: Now you need to press a pad on your controller. On screen instruction will change and current MIDI message will be shown.
STEP 5B: Now press a button on screen to configure that to press MIDI controller pad. Pad color will change indicating the data is saved.
Follow this process for all buttons and click START button to start the program. However note that you can press start button anytime, it does not require to configure all the buttons given in the UI.
RDMapper will start and its window will minimize. Now press the midi pads on your controller to control the Traktor Remix Decks! If you open RDMapper from the taskbar, it will look like following.
Keep it open till you perform and always close the program using the EXIT button.